Integrated review at 2-2½ years
The Health Visiting Teams and Early Years settings are working together to trial a different way of working that will provide you with a seamless and comprehensive insight into your child’s health and development needs.
As it is a trial we may contact you after your child’s 2-year check to see how you have found the process. Please contact us if you would not like to be contacted for this feedback.
The integrated check will be rolled out to all of Worcestershire throughout 2021.
What is the Integrated Two-Year Check?
It is a health and development review carried out by your health visiting team and your child’s early years setting (childminder, nursery, preschool or playgroup). Within Worcestershire we call this check ‘All about me @ 2’. The Health Visiting Team will carry out a health review when your child is between 27 and 30 months old:
- They will provide an overview of the check to put in your Red Book (unless this is done by video call).
- Parents share it with the child’s early years setting
- If the health visiting team identifies any concerns, with your permission, they will share this information with your child’s early years setting.
- The Health Visiting team will send you an appointment for this to take place.
Your Early Years setting will review your child’s progress when your child is between 2 to 3 years of age:
- They will provide an overview of the progress that your child is making in their development areas, which are: Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Physical Development; and Communication and Language.
- You can put this progress report in your Red Book
- If they identify any concerns, with your permission, they will share this information with your health visitor.
- The Early Years staff will let you know when this will take place.
- For more information visit Worcestershire Children First [opens in new window].
Why are there two separate reviews/checks?
The two checks ensure that all your child’s developmental needs are reviewed, with both health and early year’s education professionals contributing to the process. They will work together to support your child to make progress if any issues are identified.
If you have any questions about the ‘All about me @ 2’ integrated check, please contact your health visiting team or your child’s key person in your early years setting.
Download and print 'All About Me @ 2' leaflet