Financial support for families
You can use an independent benefits calculator to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
These are free to use, anonymous, and have replaced the Benefits Adviser service. Click here to visit the Gov.uk website and find out more about benefits calculators and how to access them.
Claim Child Benefit
You can claim Child Benefit if you’re responsible for bringing up a child who is:
- under 16
- under 20 if they stay in approved education or training
Only one person can get Child Benefit for a child.
It’s paid every 4 weeks and there’s no limit to how many children you can claim for. Click here to find out more.
Search for your local Citizens Advice
Some local Citizens Advice can only give you advice if you live in their local council area. It's usually best to contact a Citizens Advice based in your local council area. Click here to find your local Citizens Advice.
Support available to children and families
Do you need help with childcare?
Did you know…
- Some two year olds could receive up to 15 hours of free childcare a week
- All three and four year olds can receive up to 15 hours of free childcare a week
- Some three and four year olds can receive up to 30 hours of free childcare a week
- There could also be additional funding if your child has a special educational need and/or a disability
- Your free childcare can be used at many nurseries, pre-schools and childminders near you
- You can get a list of childcare places near you online at worcestershire.gov.uk/freechildcare
You will need to know your national insurance number to apply
Apply online at www.worcestershire.gov.uk/freechildcare
Contact your local Family Hub or call 01905 520032 if you would like support with finding childcare or applying for free childcare.
Check what help you could get with childcare costs
The childcare choices website is a great resources, that you can use to help explain the different types of childcare support available.
The childcare calculator can help you to find out how much you could get towards approved childcare, including:
- free childcare for children aged between 2 and 4
- help with childcare costs if your child is under 16 (or under 17 and disabled)
Click here to visit the childcare calculator website.