Support with mental health and wellbeing
Support with feelings of sadness, anxiety or depression
If you are experiencing feelings such as stress, depression or anxiety don't worry, this is very normal and there is lots of support available for you.
Healthy Minds is a self-referral service and can support people to access talking therapies, group support or online courses to support their mental wellbeing.
If you live in Worcestershire, are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP call: 0300 302 13 13 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm exc Bank Holidays)
If you're under the age of 16 you can access support from Reach4Wellbeing or CAMHS.
Reach4Wellbeing provide short-term group programmes for children and young people age 5-18 experiencing mild to moderate anxiety and low mood. If you're over the age of 13 you can refer yourself into their service, and if you're under the age of 13 your parents/carer or teacher will be able to help you with this. You can find more information on the service and how to make a referal on the Reach4Wellbeing website.
Charities and national organisations
Text YM to 85258 24/7 support across the UK if you are a young person experiencing a mental health crisis.
Online counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people
Support for people aged 11-19 accessed by texting 07507331750.
Young suicide prevention society. HOPElineUK 0800 068 4141 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm and 7pm to 10pm, and 2pm to 5pm on weekends)
The national NHS website provides more information on charities and organisations who can support you with your mental health.
- Use the NHS111 online help service or phone NHS111 if you need urgent help for your mental health, but it’s not an emergency
- Visit www.nowweretalking.nhs.uk for information on the range of mental health and wellbeing support available across both counties
- Search for an urgent mental health helpline in your area
Call 999 or go to A&E now if:
- Yours or someone’s life is at risk – for example, they have seriously injured themselves or taken an overdose
- You do not feel you can keep yourself or someone else safe